Learning to Praise in all Seasons: The Prodigal Son Jeff Schmitz Luke 15:11-32 (ESV) 11 And he said, “There was a man who had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them. 13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living. 14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to [ a ] one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. 16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything. 17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hi...
"Many Small Dependences" Mentor Mom Moment with Kitty Rodelius I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 I came across this Devotional last week. As I read it, I’m sorry to say, I was surprised that I could relate to it so strongly. I was convicted in my spirit. I find that I’m also dependent on my phone and reach for it without thinking. Am I that dependent on my relationship with my Savior? Is He the one I turn to when I have a few moments, or when I need someone to talk to? Is He the one I seek when I need advice? I pray that these words will encourage you to think about who and what you depend on... My phone was broken and out of warranty. No problem, I won’t mind a few days off the grid... or so I thought. What began as a minor inconvenience quickly illuminated just how dependent I was on my phone for everything . First, there was the emotional and mental dependence...
Praise in All Seasons Jayme Wright, Teaching Coordinator Seasons. They come and they go. Some of them are great, and some of them just plain suck. But through them all, God provides us with the people, the fam ily, the friends, and a community to get us through it all. During summer, our good season, we oftentimes miss or forget God’s goodness, or just forget to thank Him for all that He has done. When life is good, we should want to give Him all of the praise and glory! Reminding our kids that it’s through God that we are blessed and loved beyond a shadow of a doubt. And that praise should come very easily to us! “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that openly profess His name.” Hebrews 13:15 In our fall seasons, when God is asking us to step out of our comfort zone and sometimes do things that we wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole, how do we lean into that? How do we trust that He is still a good Fathe...
Comments
Post a Comment